NYE is just in a few days. Do you guys have any plans?! I cannot believe this year is coming to an end. What a year 2017 has been!
Personally, 2017 has been one of my best years, but the MOST challenging ever. There are things I would be happy to leave behind and never ever have to face again. Definitely, one of the best things has been to expand this supportive and empowering community. I don’t take your comments ( both on the blog and Instagram ), your likes, your sweet words of encouragement for granted. I just feel extremely blessed to have you.
So thank you for sticking with me and helping me continue to do what I love. The Petite and Bold community is rad and you guys are the best part. I hope that I’ll keep inspiring you as you inspire me daily. Here are a few things I strongly encourage you to do/remember:
- Leave your insecurities behind before stepping into 2018;
- You are enough, you are able to do amazing things; so have a vision and take the steps to make it come true;
- Forgive those who hurt you, and don’t let a painful moment stop you from moving forward in 2018;
- Social media does not define you; you only get to see the tip of the iceberg. People show you what they want to. Even the richest or happiest people on earth go through hard times;
- Be gentle with your soul, don’t compare your life to others: “Comparison is the thief of joy” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
I’m really excited to step into 2018 with bigger goals, a bold heart and God to guide me every step of the way!
Now onto what to wear to ring in the new year – I love this dress from ASOS – It is feminine and the colour is amazing. The off the shoulder style, frill sleeves and stretchy make it a dress that would look good on everyone. It has a flattering and figure-sculpting cut which enhances your curves!
As for the make up, since I am no expert, you can bet I’d go with something natural ( with hints of glitter ). I focused on the eyes — mascara, black eyeliner, metallic eyeshadows — and on the lips. A fire red lipstick to match the dress.
I’ve listed all the products and brands I’ve used below. Feel free to click on each one to see where to get them.
Eye Makeup: SEPHORA WONDERFUL STARS EYE & FACE PALETTE ( AT JC PENNEY, NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE AT SEPHORA )
Concealer: DIORSKIN STAR ( shade 005 )
Lips: GIORGIO ARMANI LIP MAESTRO ( colour 400 )
Lip Conditioner: BEAUTY COUNTER
Highlighter: FRESH INSTANT GLOW LUMINIZER (
Blush: BOBBI BROWN ( Berry 34 )
Mascara: DR. HAUSCHKA
Eyeliner: NYX COSMETICS ” That’s the Point “
Brows: NYX COSMETICS
Fragrance: CHLOÉ EAU DE PARFUM (CHECK OUT MY COLLABORATION WITH CHLOÉ HERE AND HERE )
Bonne Année 2018, Happy New Year. Wishing you good health, self realization and self love.